Jellybox for Education
Jellybox is fast to build, but even faster to break down! This means that with a couple of Jellyboxes, you can give the experience of hand-on build to many groups of students! Just take the machines apart when you’re finished. It only takes a couple of zip ties snipped.
Reap ALL the learning goodness 3D printers have to offer
- Building the machine gives students a sense of accomplishment unmatched by simply using a pre-made device.
- Constructionism alive and well! There’s no better way to get to understand how a 3D printer works than building one!
- Students develop a sense of familiarity and attachment. This makes them more likely to experiment with the technology and use use it as a flexible tool rather than a prescribed set of procedures.
- It’s a simple, relevant, and imminently useful robotics project: even kids never interested in mechatronics can understand the appeal.
- Make all the intimidation factor of cool and complicated technology that tie students down go away.
- Marriage of STEM and STEAM approaches. Let the student experience both sides of the equation with both the mechanical build and the more abstract 3D design learning (-> and bring it home by making the abstraction real again by 3D printing it).
Classroom Resources Coming Soon.
Want to be notified as soon as they are available? Fill out the form below.